Advert

Breaking

Wednesday 26 October 2016

I Would Have Arrested Amaechi If I were A Supreme Court Judge -APC Deputy Chairman


Following the recent bribery allegations leveled against the minister of transport Mr Chibuike Amaechi by two judges of the apex court, the Deputy National Chairman (South) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Segun Oni, has stated that if he were the Supreme Court judge and that Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, attempted to influence through bribery, he would have had him arrested long ago.

He made this known during an interview with journalists, Oni according to The Cable, said the allegations by the judges against Amaechi would not be taken seriously because of poor timing.


Recall that Justices Sylvester Ngwuta and John Okoro, both of the Supreme Court, had in a separate letter to NJC, accused Amaechi of attempting to bribe them.

“I am not in the position to defend Amaechi, but I feel very very sad. I am very sad that a justice of the Supreme Court could come up much later to say somebody attempted to bribe him,” he said.

“If I am a justice of the Supreme Court, that person would not spend another week before he is arrested. So, because it is a crime, if you see somebody committing crime and you keep quiet and now you are talking about it, do you want people to take you seriously?

“It’s like somebody saying I saw somebody committed rape last year and I didn’t do anything about it. I don’t think that sounds wise. I am not exonerating anybody and there can be investigation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Financial Independence, Click Below

BitsPlan

Advertisement