Advert

Breaking

Friday 21 October 2016

AMAECHI AND CRUDE POLITICS

Whenever his game fails, he is ever ready to deny no matter what anyone presents as evidence. There are many instances pointing to this assertion. What happened during his tenure as governor of Rivers State & his insistence that he must win the 2015 elections, (remember his involvement during 29th march, 2016 re-run election in Rivers State), the drama playing out and constant postponement of re-run elections in River State will not leave anyone in doubt over justices Okoro and Ogwuta’s claims of allegations on Amaechi.

It is a known fact that the reason why INEC keeps holding back re-run elections in Rivers state, the power that be led by President Buhari thinks it is the only way to help Amaechi remain relevant in politics of the day. So, every discerning mind will definitely know that Justices Okoro and Ogwuta makes a verifiable point of defense in their open letters to the CJN.

The recent revelations by Justice Sylvester Ogwuta Another Justice of the Supreme Court whose home was raided by the DSS, has opened another can of worms against the Buhari govt as to why he is being victimized for refusing entreaties, at various times, to help the APC, win governorship election cases involving Ekiti, Rivers Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi States. According to Justice Ogwuta.


“My present plight started sometime between 2013 and 2014. I represented the then Chief Justice of Nigeria in an event organized in the International Conference Centre Hon. Rotimi Amaechi came in late and sat next to me at the high table. He introduced himself to me and we exchanged contacts. A few weeks after, Fayose’s case was determined in the Court of Appeal. Amaechi called me by 6.45 am. He said he had come to see me but was told I had left for my office. When he said he would return in the evening, I demanded to know what he wanted but he would not tell me. He did not come that evening but came the following morning when I was already prepared to go to work. He begged me to ensure that Fayose’s election was set aside and another election ordered for his friend Fayemi to contest. I told him I would not help him and that even if I am on the panel I have only my one vote.

After the Rivers State Governorship election was determined by the Court of Appeal, he called to tell me his ears were full and he would like to tell me what he heard. I told him I was out of Abuja at the time. On my return he came in the evening and even before he sat down he barked “You have seen Wike”. I asked him whether that was a question or a statement. Then he made a call and asked me to speak with someone. The man he called said he was a DSS man. We exchanged greetings and I handed the phone to him. Next, he said “Oga is not happy”. I asked him who is the unhappy “Oga” and he answered “Buhari”. I retorted “go and talk to his wife”. He got very angry, and left, remarking “we shall see” several times. . Your Lordship may recall one morning when I pleaded not be on the Panel for Rivers Appeal. Your Lordship said I was already on the Panel and asked me to explain why I made the request to be excluded. When I explained what transpired the previous night, Your Lordship told me Amaechi had also attempted to influence other Justices. My Lord, on the day we heard the appeal with your Lordship presiding, we were allowed lunch break at 4.20 pm. The moment I got into my Chambers he, Amaechi, called. When he told who was calling, I said to him, “Your Excellency, you want to issue more threats”? He replied “Have you been threatened before?” I replied “I know a threat when I hear one even if veiled. In any case I will not talk to you” and I switched off my phone.
The people who failed in their attempt to destroy me in Ebonyi in 2000 and in Enugu in Andy Uba’s case in the Court of Appeal, Enugu in 2009 are now supplying Amaechi with information to fight me for my negative response to his demands, especially my answer to his statement that “Oga was not happy”.
This infuriated him and as he stormed out he said he would deal with the situation.”
These are not just mere allegations, there is an adage that when a child cries and constantly point to a particular spot that there is something the child must’ve seen. Justices Okoro and Ogwuta’s allegations should be investigated and not swept under the carpet by President Buhari and the ruling party. Amaechi should be investigated and if found guilty be made to face the law.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For Financial Independence, Click Below

BitsPlan

Advertisement