Advert

Breaking

Tuesday 16 August 2016

MOTHERS: SPECIAL CREATURES FROM GOD

       By Ozioko Martin
                                             


On 10th August, 2016 I had an experience with a sick mother in the hospital, she had a large ulcer on her right thigh up-to 20cm by 10cm due to necrotizing fascitis . While I was dressing the wound, she was in deep pain.. I could see it in her facial expressions almost about to cry but when her little baby cried she stretched out her hands, carried her and started breastfeeding her, covering her properly with her wrapper. 
On 13th of same month and year, I had another encounter, this time with an expectant woman (pregnant woman). Her left leg and foot were ulcerated because of same disease, she doesn't just frown in pain while been dressed of the ulcer but she cries uncontrollably. On this day after dressing her wound through the cloud of her tears she asked if her baby would be affected. 
My own personal experience with my mum.
With so much joy in my 8years heart I jumped when I heard she was coming back from the hospital, I had not seen her for long because she was bedridden. On her sick bed she lamented that she needs to be discharged not because she feels better but because she wants to see her kids at home. Finally she got discharged, definitely it will be against medical advice. 
I ran to the car, a blue pegout wagon that brought her home and opened the back door were she was sitting in-between my grandma and my aunt, through her pain she smiled, I was so eager to get hold of her, hug her and jump on her but I was still patience for her to come down. I wasn't allowed not by anybody but by the goddamned sickness because she was not only supported out of the car, she couldn't even carry her little remaining weight, she has been eaten deeply by the illness, I could only feel the beauty of her heart but the beauty of her body from which I tapped was gone. She could scarcely walk therefore, she was supported to walk. Seeing all these my 8years brain told me that all was not well, I broke down and cried. 
The point is that even though she was not feeling better, the pain still excruciating, her systems were failing her, she felt Mr death coming but all these didn't bother her rather what disturbed her spirit was to take last sight and touch of her little kids which against her will she was sadly going to leave thank God this was granted her. 
When she was taken to the room, made to lie down and told I was crying, she called me, told me to climb to her bedside, held me by the shoulder and courageously, pulling her last energy, told me to stop crying that she won't leave me but that was when she left, that was her last speech, she took her last breath and went to meet her creator. Even at her dying moment she still cares for hers. May she rest in Him that made us. Amen. 
These three scenes are not fiction and depicts how mothers are troubled for what belongs to them. Bad women are hardly bad to their own. 
To all that feel they can wear their clothes now and clean their anus and go about hurting their mothers, if only u know what your skull did to her vulva, if only you know the pains of carrying you for nine months in her body, the changes you gave her beautiful body, the tears she had shed for your sake.... you'd go back to her and be sorry and stop causing her pain and decide to love her till you breath no more.
To the Nigerian mothers in some parts of the country that give birth to more than they can cater for and leave them loitering the streets begging for food for daily living, you are failing in your major God giving assignment. Stop bringing children to the world to suffer. Learn to procreate the much u can cater for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Financial Independence, Click Below

BitsPlan

Advertisement